Roasting your own raw cashes is healthier, tastier and cheaper than buying them … also more fun.
- 250g raw cashews
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon (olive) oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Toss cashews in oil, salt and spices until the nuts are well coated.
- Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden.
- The cashews will seem soft when they come out of the oven, take them out - they will continue to cook and harden as they cool outside of the oven.
- You don’t have to use five-spice. Add paprika, chilli powder, and pepper instead of or in addition.