Funny things kids say: Julia Edition
Post date: May 21, 2010 9:03:36 AM
It's nearing her 3rd Birthday and now she's become a "big kid" we're not getting as many funny sayings as we used to. Here is as good a place as any for a recap of my favourites:
- "Not on my birthday, not any more!"
- It was usually in reference to going to the potty (seemed like such an ordeal at the time) ... usually said in a very serious, adamant tone. I love it because "not any more" would be enough, the birthday bit makes it cute ...
- "I can't" instead of "I don't"
- In some cases it probably makes more sense, in others it's just more definite - as in "I can't think so"; "I can't like beans"; "I can't sing it, I can't know the words ..."
- "Glory, Glory Tottenham Monster"
- Instead of "Hotspur" ... I'm just proud she can sign most of it
- "Hunkin Dunties sat on the wall ..."
- Instead of "Humpty Dumpty" ... more fun to say
- "There's a bit more poo-poos in there"
- When sitting on the toilet and she wants to stall for time ... there's very rarely actually any more in there
- "That's right Daddy, good boy"
- Daddy works better with positive reinforcement
- "Argh! There's a cow in my bed!"
- Said in a mad panic in the early hours of the morning ... it shouldn't have been such a surprise - it was her soft toy cow.
- "I have a cow"
- In response to the Priest's question "have you ever had a fig?" ... if you don't understand the question, make something up
- "Pleeease, I can, I can"
- Takes a tough parent to say no to that - it's a plea and an assertion in one